“Quite simply, BlogPress is better because of the training and incredible personal support you get.”
I’m Jennifer Baritchi and I started BlogPress with Dan (My awesome husband and partner in crime ;)).
You see, we made A LOT of money with blogging and affiliate marketing – enough to leave our day jobs.We’ve been making a successful, happy living from our blogs for years.
So we decided to give back by helping other people do the same thing – replace their day jobs with blogging.
We used to promote old-school web hosts like Hostgator and BlueHost to our readers because they are excellent hosting companies with great affiliate programs…
They fall WAY short when it comes to helping new bloggers!
We got truly tired of watching our loyal blog readers struggle, and give up in frustration when trying to start a blog time with these services. They simply do not provide the step-by-step training and one-on-one support that new bloggers need!
Not even close…
We started BlogPress to solve that problem – to provide a stable home (WordPress) for your blog along with the best training and support there is. PERIOD.
It didn’t happen overnight… But with consistent effort over a period of time, we did it and so can you! And we’re here to help you every step of the way.
You see, that’s where BlogPress is VERY different from traditional web hosting companies and those supposedly “free” blog hosting services.
Here’s what you get with BlogPress that you won’t get with a traditional web host or “free” blogging service.
- Incredible Personal Support And Coaching. Our very knowledgeable support team is here to answer ALL of your blogging questions. Seriously, no blogging question is off limits. If we don’t know the answer, we’ll help you find it!
- Free “How To Blog” Training. We provide free training to all of our customers on both WordPress (writing, images, media library, menus & navigation, categories, and more) and How To Create A Successful Blog (Blog Writing, SEO, Social Media, Advertising, Selling Your Own Products, etc.). Most traditional web hosts and “free” services charge extra for this if they provide it at all.
- Full-Service Blog Hosting (running on the WordPress platform). The key word here is “full-service”. In addition to all the standard hosting stuff, we help you set up your blog’s theme, plugins, email subscribe, and anything else you need help with.
- Beautiful Premium Themes. We have already installed beautiful premium themes from the best design companies so you will not need to purchase a theme yourself. These are not free themes – they normally cost around $99 each if you were to purchase them yourself. The themes we offer are highly customizable, professionally supported themes that we will be happy to set up for you – try asking a traditional web host or free blogging service to do this for you…
- All The Plugins You Need To Be Successful. We’ve already installed (and will help you set up) the best plugins you need to run your blog (email subscribe, social media sharing, ad widgets, contact forms, custom text widgets, Google Analytics, recipe widgets, PayPal, and MANY more…)
Frequently Ask Questions…
Here are answers to some additional commonly asked questions about BlogPress:=
BlogPress Vs. A Traditional Web Host
The biggest mistake that almost all new bloggers make is trying to start a blog with a traditional web host and not getting the “blogging” help and support they need.
Traditional web hosts like BlueHost and HostGator are excellent at what they do – web hosting. But, trying to start a blog with a web host is like buying the shell of a house. You’re going to have to build all the walls and install the plumbing yourself!
BlogPress runs on the WordPress.org blogging platform, which is very powerful and allows you to do a lot of stuff…
Here are a few definitions that may help you.
WordPress is a blogging platform. Actually, it’s a full content management system that allows you to easily manage your website (blog) without having to write code and upload files.
Here’s a VERY SIMPLIFIED description of how things are structured.– Your blog is on BlogPress — BlogPress runs on WordPress.– WordPress runs on a Server.– That server is managed by a Web Host (in our case Linode and Digital Ocean).If your blog is managed by BlogPress, we do all server/techie stuff for you. You do not need to worry about it.
The trade-off is that you do not have control over all the techie stuff. If you want that level of control and all the responsibilities that come with it, only then would you need a Web Host. If you went that route, then you would have to install and configure WordPress yourself along with all the plugins, SEO tools, and themes (again, we do all this for you :-)The BlogPress dashboard IS a WordPress dashboard. Your blog with BlogPress runs on the WordPress framework. If you were to install and configure WordPress yourself, you would see the same thing. (At least very close…)
What’s included with my BlogPress subscription?
Here is what is included with your subscription.
Full-Service Blog Hosting.
We handle all of the “techie” server stuff like backups, system updates, and security so you don’t have to.
Incredible Personal Support.
You are not alone. We are here to help you set up your blog, answer all of your blogging questions, and even give you a virtual hug when you’ve had a rough day.
90-Day Blogging Success Plan.
Step-by-step what you need to do in the first 90 Days to ensure that you start your incredibly successful blog the right way. This training includes the why and how – including step-by-step instruction with pictures and video.
Beautiful Premium Themes
More than 150 high quality, customizable, beautifully designed themes at no additional cost to you.
Free Blog Setup Service.
Need some help getting things looking just right? Let us do it for you. We are here to make sure that you’re blog looks just the way you want! We will be more than happy to help you set up any of our highly customizable, high-quality themes and make basic CSS styling changing as allowed by each individual theme.
Included in this service are things like – setting up widgets in your sidebar and home page, adding your custom header image that you provide, changing the color or font, setting up your menus and navigation, and even helping you set up your opt-in form and contact forms.
These contextual (there when you need them) videos show you how to do what you want to do, when you want to do it – things like creating and editing posts, adding images and video, creating menus and widgets.
Addition training provided via text, email, and downloadable content.
How does the 14-Day Free Trial Period work?
During the signup process, you’ll be given the choice of paying monthly or yearly. For example, our basic plan is $97 per year or $14.95 per month.
The month-to-month cost is a little more expensive over the long-term because you get a 40% discount when you pay for the full year in advance.
Here’s how it works…
- When you create your account, you will enter your credit card information, but you will not be charged today.
- If you cancel your subscription before the end of the 14-day free trial, your credit card will not be billed and your account access will terminate immediately upon cancellation.
- If you do not cancel your subscription, on the 14th day your card will be charged for the plan that you selected.
- BlogPress is a subscription service just like your TV service, cell phone, and car insurance. If you do not cancel during the trial period, your account will continue to auto-renew until you cancel your subscription.
- There are no long-term contracts so you can cancel your account or switch from monthly to yearly at any time.
There are no additional costs with BlogPress.
Why Isn’t BlogPress Free?
It’s been our experience that you get what you pay for.
Yes, there are free blogging services out there, but there are a few caveats:
- They run whatever ads they want on your blog
- They tell you that you can’t make money with your blog
- They’ll take down your blog if you say something they don’t like or if you get too much traffic.
- They fail to provide help and support when you’re struggling
And, often times free is not really free… Free services will often charge extra, a lot extra, for things like premium themes, plugins, or support from a real person.
We want you to succeed so everything you need is already included with your BlogPress membership.
We want to see you get lots of traffic and make tons of money.
We will never take down your blog for being successful or for our own personal and moral beliefs.
In fact, the only reason that we will ever take down your blog is if you’re doing something illegal that will get us in trouble.
We are here for you to provide help when you get stuck, give you the best training and blogging tips we’ve learned ourselves from years of experience, and to cheer you on as you become successful!
Can I make money with my blog?
Absolutely! Unlike many of the free blogging services, we not only allow you to place ads and make money with your blog, we strongly encourage it!
We cover some of the easiest ways to get started making money with your blog in the 90-Day Success Training that is provided free to all BlogPress customers.=
What’s not included with my BlogPress subscription?
While we provide everything you need to have a successful blog, there are a few optional things that many bloggers choose to add.
Custom Domain Name (about $15 per year).
This is something that is totally optional and will need to be purchased separately. You can get your custom domain name here.
Once you’ve purchased your domain name, we’ll be happy to map it over to your blog at no additional cost. Just fill out this simple form to get that started: https://theblogpress.com/free-domain-mapping-service/.
This is provided by your domain registrar and should be purchased along with your domain name. A custom email address normally costs around $5 per month.
Custom Images (can range from free to $1- $5 per image depending on the resolution of the image).
BlogPress does not provide custom images for your blog. You will either need to take those pictures yourself or purchase them from a reputable site.
Custom Theme Design.
BlogPress will happily set up any of the themes we offer theme as it is designed and even update the basic CSS components like colors or font settings. We do not provide theme customization services, nor do we allow customers to customize the themes beyond basic CSS and styling. All of our high-quality themes are designed to look great out of the box, so there really is no need to customize them at this level.
Custom Logo Creation ($5 – $500).
Some themes require a custom logo – most do not. If you do require a custom logo, there are many free logo design services out there (you will still have to pay for the final logo).
Email Marketing Service.
You will need to sign up to a separate email list service to allow people to subscribe to your blog. We use and highly recommend MailChimp for this. The service is free until you exceed 2000 subscribers.
Custom Content Creation.
While we are here to help you and can point you in the right direction, you own and are responsible for all of the content on your website.
Article Writing Services ($10 – $100 per article).
If you do not have time to write your own content, there are services out there that will do this for you.