Forums can help with your Internet marketing and SEO efforts.
What are Forums?
A forum or message board is a popular form of communicating which involves people congregating onto a discussion site to talk about common interests. Discussion forums exist for about anything that may remotely interest anyone on the planet, from reality shows, astronomy or the supernatural to certain celebrities and their latest transgressions. Some of the more popular forums have hundreds to thousands of people who are registered users of the forum and who regularly participate in forum “threads”.
Threads are nothing more than conversations between members which center on a certain topic. For the most part, they do not require individuals to become a registered user to read threads but require them to register if they want to contribute to a thread or start a new thread.
What are Blogs?
Blogs are written by people who are imparting their wisdom and ideas regarding a particular subject, while others are blogging just to because they are born writers and feel compelled to tell others about what is going in their lives and in their heads. However, to be a successful blogger you have to write well and have something interesting to say, especially to the audience you are targeting. You also have to know Internet Marketing & SEO.
Blogging is the hot, new literary form of commercially advertising yourself, your product, your services or anything else that the blogger wants to promote.
Knowing how to implement words in decisive sentences containing standout phrases and creative ideas will help make a blog become heavily subscribed to and notable among the thousands of blogs scattered all over cyberspace.
How Can a Forum Be Used to Promote a Blog?
Because a forum can be found for just about any topic imaginable, a blogger who is attempting to sell a product or service can use a forum to promote the blog by simply becoming a registered member of a particular one and becoming friendly with its members. In other words, the subject of your blog must be something that is relevant to the topic .
For example, let’s say you want to sell your vast collection of Pokemon cards that you collected as a kid. Joining a forum that discusses the pros and cons of dating online is not going to help you sell those Pokemon cards. However, joining a forum which expounds on the fascinating qualities of Pikachu and Jigglypuff will!
To find the appropriate forums in which you can promote your blog, just use a search engine and type in your blog topic. When you find the ones you think will suit your needs, click on its profile page and describe yourself in a way that is interesting and upbeat. Don’t forget to also add your website address in this area. Then, read the rules to see if the moderators permit the use of signature links. A signature link is vital in forum marketing because this is how you will be advertising your produce or service.
Whenever you post, your signature link will be included at the conclusion of each post you make. In addition, being able to post a signature link in a forum is a great way to take advantage of search engines. Numerous posts from thousands of blogs are often indexed by a search engine which will allow your blog to be directly accessed
Five Ways to Promote Your Blog on a Forum
1. After spending a few days responding to threads and getting to know some of the members, you can start promoting your blog and its topic without appearing pushy or abrupt. Also, the more you interact with members the more likely they will be to investigate your blog, especially if you have proven to be a considerate and genuinely interested forum member.
Remember, though, that just because you start generating traffic from a certain forum doesn’t mean you can just abandon that forum and expect members to continue to visit your site. Utilizing a forum to promote your blog will take consistency and dedication on your part in order to develop into a trusted and respected forum member.
2. Regularly maintain your blog and always write as professionally as you can. Post updates to your blog on the forum and give members a tantalizing tidbit about what you have written so they will feel compelled to visit your blog and see what is so interesting.
Make it engaging, timely and forum-friendly. If you are not thoroughly an expert on the topic, start researching until you know every minute piece of information there is to know about that topic.
3. Keep up-to-date with the latest news regarding the topic of your blog. If you are selling a certain kind of software and are a member of a software forum, be the first to tell everyone about this news.
Make it intriguing enough to want them to learn more about it by reading your blog. By showing you know about something before anyone else does tells others that you either have access to inside info or are sincerely interested in this topic, which will cause others to look to your for answers (which means they will be reading your blog regularly).
4. Don’t ignore any comments, no matter how insignificant or offhand they may seem, that are made directly to something you have posted. Make sure that the “enable comments on every post” button is on so you are able to interact with every forum member or guest. Consider everyone a potential customer when answering comments, suggestions or questions regarding your blog, product or service you are offering. You never know when they may tell one of their friends about your blog who, in turn, will tell one of their friends….
5. Apportion some of the time you spend on a forum creating outbound links. With almost everyone of your posts, try to invent these links that apply blogs which are popular and generate a good amount of traffic. The majority of quality blogs routinely have trackbacks functioning, which means in their own comments part the blogger will have a link back to your blog. Everyone and anyone who is being linked to wants to know who is linking to our site.
A good guideline to follow when selecting forums to join and market your blog is to do a search and find forums which receive at least 50 to 100 posts a day, in addition to those who allow you to post that all important signature link.