Now, it’s time to start writing articles for your blog.
You goal for the first 30 days is to write and schedule at least 10 blog posts. This is the minimum number of posts. If you can crank out 25 posts, then do it. The search engines need a reason to list your blog and that will not happen if you’ve only made one post.
We’ll get to marketing, and making money in the near future. Be patient…
But for right now, you need to make sure that you have a solid base of content on your blog before you even try to send new visitors. They need a reason to come back and trust that you are serious.
Related Posts To Make Your Blog Writing Even Better:
- How To Write Your First Blog Post
- 11 Essential Ingredients Of A Great Blog Post
- 22 Delightful Ways To Find Inspiration For Writing That Next Blog Post
Article Writing Ideas
Take a few minutes right now to brainstorm a list of 100 topic ideas.
Seriously, take out a piece of paper, lock the door, and start writing ideas – don’t stop until your reach 100. The first 25 or so will be easy and the last 25 will seem impossible – but that’s where the gold is.
Once you’ve got your list of 100 – pick your Top 10 and start writing.
Here’s a great article for how to come up with and endless list of article writing ideas from our good friends over at CopyBlogger.
50 Can’t-Fail Techniques for Finding Great Blog Topics
To help get your inspirational motor running, here are 50 techniques for generating great blog post topics.
- Two words: Google alerts. Set an alert with a few industry key words, and ask it to deliver at least 20 stories a day. Read the headlines and throw interesting links into a file for future use. When you get several related stories, you’ve got an instant roundup piece.
- Skim national newspapers and magazine stories. How does national news such as the recession affect your readers? Talk about national trends, and your audience will come to rely on you to tailor big news to address their concerns.
- Ask yourself, “What’s missing?” or “What will happen next?” Answer the questions those national rags didn’t address. What’s the next domino that will likely fall as a result of this piece of news? Point it out, and your readers will feel you (and they) are ahead of the curve.
- Read small publications. If you have an expertise blog, check the experts’ columns in local papers or business weeklies. Few people outside your community will have read these, and their topics are often easily recycled.
- Read trade publications. Trade pubs cover every imaginable industry and they’re a great source of trend ideas, from Ad Age to TWICE (This Week in Electronics). They’ll also track new companies and products you might mention (see #39).
Read the full article here…
Related Posts To Make Your Blog Writing Even Better:
- 10 Killer Blog Headlines You Should Be Using Right Now
- Tips For Writing Your First Blog Post(s)
- How To Write A Great Article – The Easy Way
And here’s another massive list of article writing ideas to get your creative juices flowing…
151 Blog Post Ideas To Blast Off Your Blog
#1 Start a contest!
You don’t have to give away a million dollars or anything, but why not give out some hats or a custom shirt? People love the opportunity to win stuff, and if you make it fun and exciting, your incoming traffic will skyrocket!
#2 Tell a secret about yourself
While this may not be easy, people love secrets. What’s something you’ve never told anyone before? What quiet truth are you hiding from the world? Make a whole post about it, bring in some pomp and circumstance. Build up to the reveal and make your secret known to the world (If you secret is that you love to blog, maybe skip this one).
#3 Examine a quote that speaks to you
Find something that somebody said that gives you chills. Something that changed your outlook on life and the universe, and share it with the world. Start your post with the quote and talk about what did to you, and what it means to you. Here’s a good one: “roses are red, violets are blue, I love to blog, and I’m sure you do too.” – The guy who wrote this post.
#4 Try something new, then blog about it
Ever eaten a bug? How does skydiving sound? Find something ridiculous and crazy that you’ve never done before and, like Nike always says: do it. When you’re done and you’ve let it settle in, tell us the whole story.
#5 Graph a statistic or create an infographic to start a discussion
Did you know that 70% of modern day people will always stop and look at a pie chart? Did you know that 80% of them go and eat pie within ten minutes after viewing one? What about the fact that I just made this all up? People like to see data mapped out in creative ways, so put together a well-designed infographic and teach the world with fancy shapes, cool font, and pretty colors.
See more at: http://www.onblastblog.com/151-blog-post-ideas-to-blast-off-your-blog/
The goal is to populate each of your top 3-5 categories with at least 5 articles, but lets start with 10 this month and 10 next month and 10 the next month. If you can create the habit of writing at least 10 posts per month, you’ll be well on your way.
The traffic and the money will come only once you have a blog that is worthy of the traffic and the money. It’s not just about the way your blog looks – that’s actually matters least. Your readers want great, engaging content that sucks them in and makes them want to bookmark and share your blog. That’s not going to happen with one post!